Q: I need help with the FAFSA. Where can I find FAFSA FAQs?

A: The Department of Education offers free FAFSA help online.

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the form used by virtually all two and four-year colleges, universities and career schools for the awarding of federal student aid and most state and college aid.

The official FAFSA is at www.FAFSA.ed.gov -- this is not at a .com Web site.

If you go to a .com site, you will probably be asked to pay to submit the FAFSA. Remember, the first F in FAFSA stands for FREE -- so use the official government site to submit your application.

Do you have a question about FAFSA on the Web?

Visit the Frequently Asked Questions section of the official FAFSA Web site:


Smart Ways to Get More Financial Aid from Your FAFSA

How Do I Get a FAFSA PIN Number?