Federal Pell Grant


What is a Federal Pell Grant?

  • Pell Grants are the foundation of federal student financial aid, to which aid from other federal and nonfederal sources might be added.
  • Pell Grants are generally awarded only to undergraduate students -- those who have not earned a bachelor's or graduate degree.
  • In some limited cases, however, you might receive a Pell Grant if you are enrolled in a post-baccalaureate teacher certificate program.
  • Amounts can change yearly. The maximum award for the 2007-08 award year was $4,310.


To learn more and apply, complete your FAFSA form at www.fafsa.ed.gov


Federal Pell Grants:

  • If you are eligible for a Pell Grant you will receive the full amount you qualify for -- each school participating in the program receives enough funds each year from the U.S. Department of Education to pay the Pell amounts for all its eligible students.
  • The amount of other student aid you might qualify for does not affect the amount of your Pell Grant.