Online Renewal FAFSA
A Renewal Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is designed for students who applied for aid the previous year.
Review and print the list of Documents you Need to complete the Renewal FAFSA.

To access your Renewal FAFSA data, you will also need your Federal Student Aid PIN. If you have previously received a PIN but have lost or forgotten it, Request a Duplicate PIN. You will receive an e-mail notification with a link to your duplicate PIN within 4 hours.

If you do not have a PIN, select this link to fill out an original FAFSA on the Web application.

Documents Needed
For the upcoming school year, you will need the following financial information.

  • Your Social Security Number (can be found on Social Security card)
  • Your driver's license (if any)
  • Your W-2 Forms from last year and other records of money earned
  • Your (and your spouse's, if you are married) Federal Income Tax Return - IRS Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, foreign tax return, or tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia or Palau
  • Your parents' Federal Income Tax Return from last year (if you are a dependent student)
  • Your untaxed income records - Social Security, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, welfare, or veterans benefits records from last year
  • Your most recent bank statements
  • Your most recent business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond, and other investment records
  • Your alien registration number or permanent residence card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
  • To organize your information, print and complete a FAFSA on the Web Worksheet before you begin entering your information online.
 Keep these records! You may need them again. Do not mail your records with your signature page.

How Do I Get a FAFSA PIN Number?