What Is the FAFSA PIN For?
Q: What is the FAFSA PIN and what is it used for? Do I have to get a FAFSA PIN?
A: You can use your FAFSA PIN to access your personal information on any of these Federal Student Aid Web sites.
For example, on FAFSA on the Web at www.fafsa.ed.gov you can:
1. Electronically sign your FAFSA (your parent can sign, too!).
2. Pre-fill data on your new FAFSA on the Web application if you filed a FAFSA last year.
3. Make online corrections to an existing FAFSA.
4. View or print an online copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR).
5. The National Student Loan Data System Web site at nslds.ed.gov:
6. View a history of any federal student aid that you have received.
Also, on the Direct Loan Servicing website at www.direct.ed.gov you can:
1. Complete Entrance and Exit Counseling.
2. Make online payments.
3. Get up-to-date account information.
4. Change billing options.
5. Calculate a repayment schedule.
6. Get interactive counseling on deferment and forbearance options for any of your Direct Loans.
At the Federal Direct Consolidation Loans website at www.loanconsolidation.ed.gov you can:
1. Apply for a Direct Consolidation Loan.
2. Track the processing status of your online application throughout the entire consolidation process.
To get your FAFSA PIN, go to www.fafsa.ed.gov
How Do I Get a FAFSA PIN Number?